Monday, March 22, 2004

New Media Poetry
Under the "Burning Press" link, I checked out the Cleveland Leaves Chapbook Series.
I read "Torture Chamber", because I was intrigued by the title.
I would recommend this poem, because it is really interesting to read.
Using mis-spellings and wordsruntogether, it gives it a unique twist.
I loved the line "Glade Fresh Rooms", and the ending line where is says:
"AAAAAAAH"
Very humorous.
Still, I would have changed some of the mis-spellings and run together words.
It seemed like a little much.

Under "An Index to Concrete Poetry", I followed the Title Index to Concrete-Visual Poetry, and
under Biography of Concrete and Visual Poetry I clicked on the letter "H" and found "Haiku Poet's Hut."
This was very enjoyable to view. I liked the "fading" into each page when you get to the site. A neat effect.
I viewed "Haibun & Essays: On haiku, the moon & a visit." Very sweet- nice to see a simple picture with a haiku. The site also has a "Visual Haiku Index" where you view photos and submit your own haiku's about them. Nice idea.

Some of the other links I followed seemed to be too time-consuming or boring, but these were worth checking out.

Kristin Gruber

No comments: